Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I'm glad I received a sample of this product from Sephora because I would have been disappointed if I shelled out $29 for the full-size version.
I have an oily complexion to begin with. I usually use Urban Decay's Complexion Primer Potion, which is awesome. When I tried the setting spray, I started with the Urban Decay Primer, followed by Benefit brand foundation and powder, NARS brand powder blush, and Clinique brand eyeshadow. I watched the Urban Decay instruction video on how to apply the setting spray: shake the bottle, and spray the face four times, once in an "X" motion and once in a "T" motion. I was a little freaked out at first because for about 30 seconds my face looked awful, but the spray quickly absorbed, and I put on my mascara and thought all was well.
The weather was very nice out when I tried this stuff: light breeze, no humidity, and around 80 degrees for a high temperature. I spent most of the day in my air-conditioned office and perhaps an hour total outside. In my opinion, the setting spray actually lessened the effectiveness of the Urban Decay primer. My makeup seemed to wear off faster than usual, especially on the forehead, nose, and chin. Also, my forehead and nose got super shiny super fast, which never happens when I use the primer.
Overall, I was extremely disappointed by the poor quality of this product. Urban Decay cosmetics are usually fantastic, so this was a real let-down. I tested it under very mild circumstances, and so I can't even imagine what would have happened if it had been one of those nasty humid, 90 degree Chicago days. I definitely do not recommend this product and I will not purchase the full-sized version for myself. Just stick with using the Urban Decay primer on its own and you'll be much better off.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
Click here for more information about Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
0 comments:
Post a Comment